In order to keep our semi-regular email update focused on what we are doing this fall and winter, we are going to post some more details on items we were working on and talking about this summer. Please keep these items in your prayers and let us know if you want to join in on the team to see the needs fulfilled.
- Ryan’s surgery, healing and costs
- Praises – Ryan visited the doctor when we got back from Canada and it was confirmed that the post-surgery break was completely healed. (Note: there is a pretty cool story that goes along with this. It will be posted in the next few days.) The Dr was very happy with the results of the surgery and said no more visits were needed. Ryan is walking normally and has very little pain.
- Prayers – We have no more appeals that we can make to our health care co-op. The decision is final and they will not be covering the expenses through their normal processes. Instead, co-op members will be invited to give above their required amount towards our need. Please pray that we will be given favour with other co-op members.
- The total bill is around $12,000 USD (approx $16,000 CAD). We have had some money given towards the debt, but there is still a ways to go to eliminate it completely. If you would like to give towards this need, you can do it here on our website. Please let us know if your gift is intended to help with this request so we can direct it that way.
- Road trip complete! We got back after 4 days of driving and were definitely glad to be home. Two months on the road was a long time, but we had a lot of fun to go with the tiredness. Thanks to everyone who opened their homes to us and fed us. Thanks to all those who gave special gifts to help with gas, food and hotels. Thanks to all of you who listened to us talk about the work we are doing here in Houston and to those who joined our team as monthly partners. We posted some pictures from the last month in another post.
- Praises – At least 5 people joined our team or increased their monthly amount!
- Prayers – We are still looking for more partners to join the team to help offset the decline in value of the Canadian dollar against the US dollar. After taxes and exchange, we typically only see about 60 cents of each dollar given from Canada.
- Raising money for a new vehicle
- Praises – We’ve driven our current van all over the continent and the worst that has ever happened is a dead battery in our parent’s driveway. We are very aware that not everyone has this much favour and we spend a lot of time praising the Lord for the gift of this vehicle.
- Prayers – The mileage is climbing quickly on the van and we recognize that it would not be wise to continue driving all over the USA and Canada. It also was showing it’s age up every steep hill and mountain on the trip as our speed dropped pretty quickly. We are going to try and save up to buy something newer next spring. Obviously, the surgery expense needs to be paid off first. The approximate cost is going to be $19,000 CAD. We are saying it in Canadian dollars since our research is showing that the vehicle would be cheaper to purchase in Canada, especially with the exchange rate. If you would like to help out with this, please let us know so we can ensure your gift is put aside appropriately.
Thanks everyone! Your partnership in prayer and finances are making a difference in our city among the unreached. Please do not grow weary in this.